Have you ever wondered how to find the right designer to customize your WordPress theme?
What traits should they have? What questions should I ask before working together? How do I know if it’s the right web designer for my brand?
We know it can be difficult to find a web designer that knows how to properly customize a WordPress theme. Finding the right web designer can take a lot of time and can end up leaving you overwhelmed and stressed.
Don’t worry, we’re about to share our top tips on how to find the right web designer to customize your WordPress theme!
How To Find The Right Web Designer to Customize Your WordPress Theme
Tips on finding the right web designer
As we mentioned, finding the right web designer can be downright exhausting. Here are some tips to help you save time on finding the right web designer from the get-go.
- Look for someone that is experienced with your brand taste: If your brand is more feminine, you don’t want to work with a web designer that has only created masculine designs.
- Look for a well-experienced website designer that can work with any theme, or specifically the theme that you own: For example, if you have a Bluchic theme, you don’t want to work with a web designer that only knows about Genesis theme or Divi theme.
- Get a referral: Referrals are the best way to find the right web designer. Look to a trusted source to find the right web designer for your theme.
- Don’t look for the cheapest option: The cheapest option most times means not the best option.
- Know what you want before you start looking: You need to have at least an idea of what customizations you want on your site before you hire.
- Manage your expectations for a timeline: Customization projects can at times take longer than anticipated. Plan for setbacks and don’t expect for the project to be completed quickly.
Related post: How To Know When To Hire A Professional To Customize Your WordPress Theme
Questions to ask the web designer before deciding
Below are a few questions to ask a potential web designer you’re considering working with.
- What is your design style?
- What themes are you familiar with/do you work with?
- Can you provide examples of past clients you’ve worked with?
- What is the approximate amount of time the project will take?
- How does your process work?
- What do you need from me to get started?
- What happens if I don’t like the initial customization?
- Will I be able to see the customization live as you’re creating it?
- What are your prices?
Your website is a key piece of real estate so it’s important that it looks incredible AND reflects you and your business. If you choose to hire a professional to customize your WordPress theme for you, make sure that they are the perfect fit and can create everything you want and more!