It’s a new year and you may be wanting to freshen up your website with a redesign.
A website redesign is your opportunity to take a broad look at not only your website but your brand as a whole.
It’s a time to take a fresh look at all of the aspects of your website and business and make sure they line up with your values and the ultimate goals you have for your life.
To help with this, we put together a list of items you should think about before doing a website redesign.
If you’re looking for a feminine design, be sure to check out our WordPress theme shop!
5 Things To Think About Before Doing A Website Redesign
1 | What are your business goals?
One of the first things you should think about when redesigning your website is your overall business goals.
Your business goals should drive how you structure your entire website.
A few questions you should consider to get you started are:
- Why do you want a new website?
- Are you completely overhauling your website? If so, who will be helping with this project?
- How can your website help you achieve your business goals?
Once you determine your business goals and how they can be incorporated into your website, you can start figuring out the rest.
Related post: 5 Signs It’s Time to Revamp & Refresh Your Website
2 | What does your site require?
Next, you will want to determine what types of features your site requires. This can include:
- Hosting provider options (here are 8 questions you should ask when choosing a hosting provider!)
- Online shop capability (if you run an online shop)
- Graphics / photography needs
- Video / audio hosting capability
- Membership capability
10 things you need on your homepage to book more clients
Get our FREE checklist of 10 homepage must-haves to convert visitors into clients. Plus, you’ll get access to 15+ other free checklists, workbooks, and guides inside our Freebie Library.
3 | How will my site generate leads?
One goal you should have for your website is to generate new leads for your business. Start considering different ways in which your site can help you generate new leads and customers.
Here are some questions to consider:
- Are you selling physical products? Info products? In what manner are they delivered?
- How will people continue to follow you after leaving your site? (Think social media, email newsletter, etc)
- How will you continuously drive new traffic to your website?
- How many CTAs will be on each page?
- What information do you need from your customers? (Think name, email, address, etc)
Related Post: See 5 fresh ways to attract new customers or clients!Before you do a website redesign, make sure you consider these 5 things first!Click To Tweet
4 | What role will content play on your website?
Content marketing plays a very important role in helping you achieve your business goals. Content can consist of a blog, podcast, videos, or audio files. It’s not necessary to produce all of these types of content, but pick one that best serves your audience.
Here are a few questions to ask when thinking about content for your site:
- Do you currently have a content strategy? If so, what is it?
- Do you need to update your current content?
- How does this content generate leads?
- How often will you/someone else create new content?
Related post: 4 Ways To Infuse Your Brand Personality Into Your Website
5 | What are your customers looking for?
Last, but certainly not least, you will want to consider the needs and desires of your current customers as well as your future potential customers.
They are who you create your products and services for, right? If there’s a disconnect between how your site is designed and what resonates best with your customers, it can be detrimental to your business.
Here are a few questions to consider:
- What are your customers needs, wants, and desires?
- What type of content do they enjoy most?
- How do your products help your customers solve a problem they have?
Doing a website redesign can be a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be. Take your time while you are considering a redesign to make sure you create a site that authentically represents your brand.
Let us do the work for you and purchase one of our feminine WordPress themes!